Internship – HR Services Assistant Part-Time
Job Reference ID
Glebe, Sydney, Australia
General Job Description
Join our team for a P/T internship focusing on delivering our Human Resources Services – Sydney, Australia
- Unique experience in Australia
- Join our dynamic HR Services Team
- Fast-growing company
Full Job Description
Polyglot Group is a leading global boutique consultancy dedicated to helping businesses expand & optimise their operations both locally & across borders.
We currently have a vacant internship position in our Sydney office for a Human Resources Assistant for our HR Services Business Unit – NEXT STARTING DATE: April 2020.
Please note that this offer is a 3 to 6 months mentoring internship aimed at students only. The successful candidate must provide an agreement from their college/university.
What You’ll Be Doing?
As a HR Assistant, your will be responsible for providing professional support to our HR Services team on the best HR management practices. This role will assist in managing a client portfolio and will support the delivery of Polyglot Group's HR Services in line with its commitment to a 5-star customer service quality.
Key Areas Include:
- HR Compliance Advisory
- Business Acumen
I. HR Compliance Advisory
The HR Assistant provides operational support to Polyglot Group's HR Services team on a day to day basis. He/she will:
- Assist the HR Services team with problem resolution on Employer Relations/HR matters and support them on providing best HR management practices.
- Help conducting compliance checks and providing recommendations to ensure our clients' HR practices and documentation comply withe the Australian legislative requirements on rules and regulations and relevant awards/policies.
- Assist in drafting a variety of HR documents in line with our clients' needs, including employment contracts, job description, policies and procedures manual, modern award analysis, etc.
- Assist with all enquiries on Industrial and Employee Relations and Work Health and Safety.
- Collaborate closely with Polyglot Group's Payroll team on payroll matters including remuneration, awards and benefits.
- Assist on development and performance management processes, employee engagement workforce planning, etc.
- Provide assistance to Polyglot Group's HR Services team managing conflict/disciplinary management and employment terminations.
- Provide support in liaising with the relevant authorities (Fairword, Workers Compensation etc.) to confirm compliance and validity of HR reports.
- Assist in coordinating clients' international mobility programs.
- Maintain staff records for HR outsourcing clients. Real time data entry is a must.
II. Business Acumen
The HR Assistant will:
- Contribute in preparing and creating business proposals for HR consulting assignments.
- Assist in providing on-going HR related support.
- Assist in the identification of clients' potential future HR issues and provide the HR Sercices team with preventative and valuable solutions.
Position Interactions & Reporting
The HR Assistant reports to the HR Services Manager.
The HR Assistant interacts efficiently with the entire team.
The HR Assistant understands the importance of being a service provider and partner to the entire team and has the appropriate sense of urgency for everything he/she is doing.
Who are we looking for?
- Student in Bachelor/Master Degree in HR or International Business
- Strong organisational, prioritising and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and administration skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactivity and ability to take initiatives
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Customer service skills
- Ready to accept and tackle new challenges
- Ability to work under pressure with a great sense of urgency
- Resilience and ability to work with people at all levels and from various backgrounds/cultures
- Positive, can do attitude
- Proficiency in the English language, knowledge of a second language is not a requirement, but beneficial
- Knowledge of Australian legislative requirements on rules and regulations would be a plus.
Do you feel that you are the right candidate for this position? Send us your application!
- Your application should comprise your resume and a cover letter in English, ALL IN ONE FILE.
- You will also shortly receive a short questionnaire in your inbox. Please complete it as soon as possible to finalise your job application. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
We have several internship positions available across the globe. Check them out here.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Polyglot Group. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.