Job Reference ID
General Job Description
HR Advisor with ER experience to join global boutique consultancy with offices in Glebe
- Offices in Glebe with WHF and flexible hours options
- Autonomous but collaborative team environment
- Access to training and online resources
Full Job Description
Polyglot Group is a global growth partner dedicated to helping businesses expand and optimise their operations both locally & across borders. Our tailored, comprehensive human-centric services nurture our clients' human capital. From Business Setup, HR Consulting & Outsourcing, Talent Acquisition, to Payroll Outsourcing and Language Support, we look after the full growth lifecycle.
As an HR Advisor, you will act as the main point of contact and be responsible for providing professional support and advice on best HR management practices to Polyglot Group’s clients.
This is a varied and hands-on role that entails working on a multitude of HR topics. The scope of work we provide is dependent on our clients’ needs and there is a strong opportunity to apply your own background/skills in HR.
We don't expect you to have experience in all areas but some of the more common deliverables include:
- HR Compliance: Provide expert recommendations to ensure our clients’ HR practices and documentation comply with the Australian legislative requirements (Modern Awards, EBA’s, NES, WHS etc).
- Employee/Industrial Relations: Provide timely day-to-day HR advice, guidance, and support to managers and employees on employment relationship matters including: absence management, breach of policy, performance management, bullying and then leading activities such as workplace mediation, investigation, FairWork representation, termination of employment.
- Best Practice HR: Creating and leading initiatives such as employer of choice strategies, engagement/pulse surveys, focus groups, or other needs to solve problems/increase engagement.
- HR Coaching and Training: To managers and employees to empower and educate in the area of Human Resources.
- International Mobility: Coordinating mobility programs and facilitation of visa applications.
- Remuneration & Benefits: Defining compensation packages and ensuring remuneration is paid according to legal minimums and market rates.
- HR Administration: Drafting and developing policies and procedures, employment contracts, job descriptions, psychometric assessments, and other letters or amendments.
- Other HR projects: Change management, outplacement, psychometric assessments, HRIS implementation, etc.
In addition to HR activities, this role also involves:
- Conducting autonomous business meetings and consultations with current/potential clients.
- Maintain contact with clients and being aware of developments within their business.
- Creating business proposals for HR engagements.
- Having professional conversations on HR topics with current/potential clients to promote Polyglot Group Services.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
This is a client-facing HR position, and whilst you don’t have to come from a consulting background, this role would be most suited to someone who has:
- 2-3 years of experience in a generalist HR role.
- Good understanding of ER/IR in Australia.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications.
- The ability to listen and interpret our clients’ needs and provide valuable solutions.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent skills in relationship building, influencing and negotiating.
What is in it for you?
- Full Time Permanent position.
- Flexible work arrangements (WFH and flexible start/finish hours).
- Exposure to senior management of international companies.
- Management of a diverse client portfolio.
- Opportunity to join a multi-cultural company and a high-performing & collaborative team of 3 HR Advisors where new ideas and suggestions are always welcome.