Internship – Language Solutions Assistant
Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Join our team for an internship in our global Language Services based in Paris!
- Kick-start your career!
- Multicultural dynamic team in a fast growing company
- 6 months internship
Full Job Description
Polyglot Group is a global growth partner dedicated to helping businesses grow and expand both locally & across borders. We help our clients by offering them a one-stop shop for services dedicated to their human capital.
We currently have a vacant internship position in our Paris office for a Language Solutions Assistant, starting in May 2022.
Please note that this offer is a 6-month full time mentoring internship aimed at students only. The successful candidate must provide an agreement from their college/university.
What You’ll Be Doing?
The Language Solutions intern will provide day-to-day support to Polyglot Group's Language department, assisting in translation project management.
By the end of the internship you will be able to:
- Manage projects.
- Manage vendors.
- Format: ensuring that translated documents perfectly mirror the original source text.
- Update Translation Memories and provide support with the creation of glossaries.
- Translate short projects.
- Review, proofread and/or perform quality checks on translations done by other translators in various fields (legal, mining, marketing, admin, e-learning).
- Help with other tasks according to the team's needs
- Comfortably use a CRM (Salesforce) to coordinate translation projects.
Who are we looking for?
- Student in Bachelor/Master degree in Translation and Interpretation, Philology or Humanities or related field.
- Strong written and spoken English skills (any other language is a plus)
- Good knowledge of online linguistic tools, translator forums and platforms
- Autonomy, initiative, pro-activity
- Motivation, persistence
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills.
In order for the internship to be the most rewarding, candidates must be available for 6 months. Your Language skills are considered as an asset as we work in many languages every day.
Do you feel that you are the right candidate for this position? Send us your application!
Your application should comprise your resume and a cover letter in English, ALL IN ONE FILE.
You will also shortly receive a short questionnaire in your inbox. Please complete it as soon as possible to finalise your job application. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Polyglot Group. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.