The consistent quality and assured continuity of our services to our clients is of the utmost importance to all of us at Polyglot Group.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) keeps changing the way we do things, I am personally letting you know that we have rolled out our Business Continuity Plan since December 2019 and continue to do so.
Please find below the key pragmatic actions taken by Polyglot Group as of today (there are many more, but I will not bore you with the details of what we have and are still going through):
– December 2019 – We implemented a strict home quarantine of 14 days for all employees coming back from China, coupled with a compulsory medical clearance certificate before being allowed back in the office.
– January 2020 – Our internal compliance team reviewed our annually audited and tested BCP and DRP in the context of a pandemic, and further tested a scenario.
– February / March 2020 – New policies, training, and facilities were rolled out internally focusing on:
– Hygiene: we provided personal hand sanitisers, instructions on how to clean equipment daily (including smartphones and laptops), and resources on what to do and whom to contact if feeling sick.
– Strict travel policies backed up by an extension of our compulsory home quarantine and medical clearance certificate before being allowed back to work.
Since the 4th of March, additional policies were released internally:
– Ban on all corporate travels.
– All holiday/vacation applications including overseas travel are to be vetted by our HR Director and CEO.
– Request to postpone personal overseas travel.
Starting the week of the 16th of March, our teams around the world will begin working from home until further notice.
Constant monitoring of the various government policy changes and medical advice around the world, and amendment of our internal policies and processes as required.
As of today:
– All our team members are fully set up to work from home on a secure VPN access.
– Work processes have been reviewed in the context of the majority of our team members having to work from home. We have also adapted to ensure continued accuracy, security, and timeliness. This focuses particularly on payroll and payment services.
– Besides our secure VPN infrastructure, we are using Slack to exchange messages between ourselves as well as Microsoft TEAMS for external calls when working remotely. This ensures continued collaboration and information exchange between all our team members.
– Our “back-up” system, to cover for sick employees, has been successfully in place for the last 20 years and continues to be checked weekly. We have always allowed for ample spare capacity, to absorb a high level of illness within the team.
What this means for our clients:
We have put the following measures in place to ensure that despite the COVID-19 virus crisis:
– All Payroll processing, filings and payments processing to your employees, tax authorities, etc. will continue to happen accurately and on time.
– All HR Projects, including immigration work, will continue to be delivered accurately and on time.
– All new Business Set-ups we are organising for you will be delivered accurately and on time.
– All Talent Acquisition projects are ongoing and will be delivered on time.
Thank you for your ongoing trust, and we look forward to continuing to serve you during this trying time.